This course is intended for workers, with or without experience, who are required to work safely in confined spaces. This training teaches the basic safety criteria and the manner in which to work safely in confined spaces while respecting the applicable standards, laws and regulations in effect.
It is important that participants are aware of the responsibilities of stakeholders, respect working procedures and requirements and know the sources of information and resource persons to consult when working in confined spaces. The training session is in compliance with articles 297 to 312 of the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety (ROHS) and articles 49 and 51 of the Act respecting occupational health and safety (A0HS) administered by the CSST.
Multitraining SST Inc. is accredited as a training body by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail for the application of the Act to promote the development and recognition of skills of the labor force (registration number 0058371).
- Theory – 4 hours
- Practical assessment – minimum 4 hours
- Workers with or without experience
- Members of the health and safety committee
- Raise awareness of the hazards inherent to working in confined spaces
- Understand the risks and safe work practices
- Theory on PowerPoint presentation
- Theoretical exam based on understanding
- Practical assessment
- Legal scope
- Risks and preventive measures
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders
- Management of confined spaces
- Emergency measures
Following the training session, each participant who passed the exams will receive a certificate of participation and a competency card.