This training on lifting operations and the use of the cranes and slings allows participants to familiarize themselves with the obligations of the employer and the worker in regards to the equipment as well as the applicable rules and regulations. Participants will be able to understand the basic principles related to the safe use of cranes, slings and lifting devices used in their workplace.
This course complies with CAN/CSA B167-96 standard, as well as article 254.1 of the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety (ROHS) and articles 49 and 51 of the Act respecting occupational health and safety (A0HS) administered by the CSST. Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CSST). Multitraining SST Inc. is accredited as a training body by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail for the application of the Act to promote the development and recognition of skills of the labor force (registration number 0058371).
- Theory – 4 hours
- Practical assessment – approximately 30 minutes per participant
- Operators with or without experience
- Members of the health and safety committee
- Raise awareness of the hazards inherent to the use of overhead cranes
- Ensure safe working methods are in use
- Understand the rules applicable to lifting operations and the use of slings and overhead cranes
- Understand the duties of the slinger
- Understand the various types of slings and their respective use
- Knowledge of the different methods of attachment
- Knowledge of the different components of a crane and their respective use
- Conduct a visual inspection of the crane, slings and/or accessories used in the workplace
- Become familiar with the operation of the crane, slings and/or lifting devices used in the workplace
- Learn to master the swing of the crane at the loss of control
- Theory on PowerPoint presentation
- Theoretical exam based on understanding
- Practical assessment of operators
THEORICAL AND PRACTICAL CONTENT
- Visual inspection of the crane and of the lifting equipment
- Operation and use of the crane, slings and/or lifting devices
- Signaling of the overhead crane
Following the training session and subject to the successful passing of the theoretical and practical exams, participants will receive a certificate of training and a competency card attesting their skills to operate the type of overhead crane they will be handling.