This course is intended for workers, with or without experience, who are required to safely handle portable fire extinguishers. The training session is in compliance with the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety (ROHS) and articles 49 and 51 of the Act respecting occupational health and safety (A0HS) administered by the CSST. Multitraining SST Inc. is accredited as a training body by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail for the application of the Act to promote the development and recognition of skills of the labor force (registration number 0058371).
- First part – Acquiring knowledge – 2 hours
- Second part – Handling fire extinguishers – 2 hours
CONTENT – FIRST PART
- Features and capabilities of portable fire extinguishers
- Fire triangle and types of fire extinguishers
- Hazards common to all fires
- Using the alert method to fight a fire
- Operating a fire extinguisher
- How to subdue a fire
The importance of remembering the following three general steps:
CONTENT – SECOND PART
- Validate the relative notions before using the fire extinguisher
- Intervene to contain, subdue and extinguish a fire
This session should enable each participant to use a fire extinguisher on the scene of a fire.
If the premises permit, it is possible to use dry powder, CO2 and water fire extinguishers. If powder cannot be used, it is still possible to use CO2 and water.
FIREFIGHTER TRAINING 1, SELF-RESCUE, HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, PUMPER OPERATOR AND HANDLING FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
This session includes :
Are excluded :
- Portable fire extinguishers – Rental fee : $24/fire extinguisher
- Travelling expenses : $0.75/km
Each training session will accept a maximum of twelve (12) participants. The session must take place on the same site and be completed the same day.