This course is intended for supervisors (or future supervisors) who are required to manage staff, whether they are novices or experienced workers. The supervisor holds the level closest to the floor management and must juggle with the demands of management, employee expectations and objectives of production. To this end, supervisors must be very familiar with the machinery or processes, adopt a calm attitude, use their knowledge wisely, measure the fair appreciation of the work of employees and, where appropriate, have the courage to administer a reprimand or a sanction.
To all this is added the concept of due diligence. This standard of conduct requires companies to ensure the health and safety of their workers. Consequently, senior management and intermediary personnel alike must be able to identify hazards, control risks, exercise prevention in an organized and systematic manner, demonstrate leadership, ensure proper application of the rules and apply sanctions when required.
The training session complies with applicable standards governed by the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety (ROHS) and the Act resecting occupational health and safety (AOHS) administered by the CSST.
Multitraining SST Inc. is accredited as a training body by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail for the application of the Act to promote the development and recognition of skills of the labor force. (Registration number 0058371).
- Theory – 4 h 30
- Theoretical exam
- Supervisory personnel and foremen
- Members of health and safety committee
- Recognize the versatility of the tasks
- Raise awareness of the hazards inherent to the workplace
- Adopt well-structured and safe work practices
- Theory on PowerPoint presentation
- Theoretical exam based on understanding
- Qualities of a good leader
- Roles and responsibilities of the employer’s representative (OHSA)
- Action plan – construction
- Prevention program
- Forms and procedures (in cases of complaints, accidents, etc.)
- Due diligence
- Criminal code (OHSA)
Following the training session, subject to the successful passing of the exam, each participant will receive a certificate of training.