The WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, known as SIDMUT in French) aims to protect the health and safety of workers by facilitating access to information on hazardous materials. Some employees are required to use or handle several products as part of their work and thus may be exposed to hazards related to dangerous materials. Following the training, workers will have the knowledge to ensure their health and safety when they use, handle or store controlled products. This training meets the requirements of the Regulation Respecting Information on Controlled Products (RRICP) and articles 49 and 51 of the Act respecting occupational health and safety (AOHS) under the auspices of the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CSST).
Multitraining SST Inc. is accredited as a training body by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail for the application of the Act to promote the development and recognition of skills of the labor force (registration number 0056901).
- Theory – 4 hours
- Every worker who can potentially be exposed, directly or indirectly, to controlled products on the workplace is required to participate in a training session in hazardous materials.
- Familiarize participants with the laws governing hazardous materials
- Inform participants on the hazards relating to dangerous products in the workplace
- Adopt safe methods of handling, use storage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Theory on PowerPoint presentation
- Theoretical exam based on understanding
- Laws and regulations
- Responsibilities of the suppliers, employers and workers
- WHMIS exclusions
- Six categories of WHMIS controlled products
- Labeling and signaling
- Material safety data sheet
- Preventive measures and first aid